Sunday, January 4, 2015

Let's Go 2015

I was never really one to get super stoked for the new year- I mean new years are great- just they've been pretty much the same for the past 4 years (except for some family vacations)- but my years always consisted of: go to school, come home for breaks, go back to school...
BUT I am honestly super excited for 2015. Cause it's gonna be crazy. 
Before making some resolutions and plans though- I wanna scrapbook some events from 2014... cause it was a dang good year. 



2014 Highlights:
  • Moab trip for Ryan's birthday- skydiving and rope swinging 
  • Road trip to Kentucky 
  • We got engaged April 28th 
  • Ryan studies at Oxford for a few weeks
  • The Farm 
  • Lindsay goes to Europe
  • Married: August 15th
  • Cancun honeymoon
  • First apartment together; last semester of school
  • We graduated from BYU
  • Dominican Republic Christmas
So yeah- 2014 is going to be hard to beat. But so far 2015 isn't looking too shabby: 
Starting with the first big announcement: 

WE ARE MOVING TO PARAGUAY! (For 5 months)

I'm honestly not quite sure what we will actually be doing there, but we will be working for Elevate- which creates English and business schools... kinda like a mini MBA school I think. So whatever we will be doing, I'm sure it'll be great. 

JUNE: Derek gets home from his mission
JULY: Tyler gets home from his mission 
(so we'll probably be with both families throughout June and July welcoming our brothers home/meeting them for the first time haha) 
AUGUST: Ryan accepted a consulting job with PwC- so we are moving to Dallas! 

It will be a busy year, but we are so excited for the adventures to come.


Usually my New Year's resolutions aren't very exciting and very similar each year, so this time I decided to come up with some really good ones. 
  
LINDSAY'S 2015 GOALS: 


  1. Ok this is what I want to focus on for 2015- I realize it's not really a goal, but I think it's a great message. I know sometimes I can get caught up in things that don't really matter- so I want to really try to focus on my actions this year. Serve. Be nice. Make wise choices. Be happy. Share the gospel. Ya know, all those good things. 
  2. Learn Spanish! I've been dying to learn another language- but it's hard trying to do it yourself! But living in Paraguay for 5 months will be a perfect opportunity for me to really work at it- so I'm gonna do it. 
  3. Become pro at Adobe video editing software
  4. Finish the Book of Mormon with Ryan- then start it all over again! 
  5. Learn to paint. And decorate new apartment with said paintings. 
  6. Run a half marathon. I know I know- I hate running- but I want to be able to run 13 miles nonstop- why? I don't really know. Cause yeah, right now even thinking about that sounds awful. We'll see on this one.. 
  7. Grow my hair out to be long and HEALTHY- key word there
  8. Find a job in Dallas- This one may be tricky cause I don't exactly know what I want to do with my degree yet. 
  9. Learn how to make Ryan's mom's rolls... and other dishes so that I can properly feed my husband 
  10. Make new friends in Dallas- honestly I'm hoping I get called to work with the young women cause I relate to them way better. Or sunbeams. Either one. They are the easiest friends to make. 

I hope everyone had a great New Years and has rad plans for 2015. 
 I will think of all my friends suffering in the Utah winter as I eat a never ending supply of mangos in 90 degree Paraguay :) 

Cheers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment