Sunday, January 25, 2015

Current Decor Obsessions

 Things I am slightly obsessed with for no apparent reason: 

1. SUCCULENTS: I seriously think they are so darling. A few weeks ago I told Ryan that I thought succulents would be good house plants cause they are super low maintenance and cute- double win- and now I see pictures of them everywhere! Just brings some life into your home without having to buy new flowers every week, ya know? 

  
2. DALMATIAN SPOTS: I believe I first saw this picture of spotted wall paper (which I think the website says it's leopard print... but it kinda looks dalmatian) and thought it was the coolest thing. Like I would feel so cool having a little wall like that. So fun. And now I keep seeing tons of cute spotted stuff- pillows, window curtains, chairs, pots- I just think the non-uniformed polka dots are a nice change.

 3. GOLD FOIL PRINTS: Ok really I'm obsessed with all sorts of prints right now (especially floral or any from rifle paper co.) but I'm extra in love with gold foil prints. I've already planned how I want to decorate walls and desk areas with them when we get a new house. And the best part is... it doesn't look that difficult to make them yourself- which I am all for DIYing. These will be a good weekend project. 


4.WOOD DECOR: I haven't always been a fan of wood decorations- don't really know why- but after envying my adorable neighbor Rileigh's decked out apartment- I've become obsessed. Seriously, you can make some stinkin cute stuff! So when we get back to the states I am going to make Ryan do some crafts :) 

 (From Here)
 5. COPPER: Over the past few months, Ryan's parents have given us a few really cool copper bowls & I love them! They will be so fun to decorate with. Copper kinda clashes with my whole love for gold though.. so I need to find a way to incorporate both. Just like little pops of copper here and there. 


like a cool mirror
 or cool lil pots to put my succulents in! see, they are everywhere. 

I think I'm spending way too much time on Pinterest looking for ways to decorate cause we currently live in a closet: with 4 blank walls and our clothes hanging on a soccer goal... but that's ok! We love our Paraguay adventure. This just gives me something to look forward to when we get back :) 

xoxo 





No comments:

Post a Comment